Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

Top 10 "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" Quotes

I love this book. The first time I read it I identified so much with Charlie. The whole not knowing where you fit in while trying to look like you have it all together thing really resonated with me. I just devoured the book. It is also one of the few books I've actually written and underlined things in. Because of this I thought I might share my ten favorite quotes from the book with you!


10 perks of being a wallflower quotes



Some were chosen because of how accurate to my life they are, others because it was like a freight train ran over me when I read them. Pretty much all of them are words that everyone should hear.

1. You can't just sit there and put everybody's lives ahead of yours and think that counts as love. [p. 200]

2. Not everyone has a sob story, Charlie, and even if they do, it's no excuse. [p. 28]

3. I think it was the first time in my life I ever felt like I looked "good". Do you know what I mean? That nice feeling when you look in the mirror, and your hair's just right for the first time in your life? [p. 67]

4.  ... I just thought about the word "special" ... I was very grateful to have heard it again. Because I guess we all forget sometimes. And I think everyone is special in their own way. I really do.  [p. 182]

5. And even if somebody else has it much worse, that doesn't really change the fact that you have what you have.  [p. 211]

6. I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.  [p. 2]

7. It is now my favorite book of all time, but then again, I always think that until I read another book. [p. 9]

8. I would die for you but I won't live for you. Something like that. I think the idea is that every person has to live his or her own life and then make the choice to share it with other people.
[p. 169]

9. I miss him terribly, which is strange, because we never really talked much when he was here. We still don't talk, to be honest. [p. 9]

10. ...I was looking at the old photographs, I started thinking that there was a time when these weren't memories. That somebody actually took that photograph...  [p.86]

photo credit: Danica S. via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you guys!