Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Noisetrade




There was no way I would ever be able to have a blog without doing a post about Noisetrade, and since I use it so much it seemed fitting to be my first official post!

Noisetrade is a website that has both music and books available free for download. I use it for the music portion, and I can't get enough of this site. It allows artists to distribute their music to the masses easily. Once you've found an artist you're really digging, there's a few simple steps before you have the music.




  1. Hit download. It's the big orange bar underneath their album cover on the left hand side.
  2. A pop up will appear asking for your email and zip code. By downloading the album you subscribe to that artist's newsletter, although you can unsubscribe at any time if you don't want updates.
  3. If you open up your email you will have a link to your download. Click it and get started downloading your awesome new music!
  4. To put into itunes, just extract the file and then within itunes go to add folder to library and voila! Simple, easy, and effective.
You can also choose to share their music to either facebook or twitter, or you can give the artist a tip/donation, although it's not necessary for the download.

While the content on the site is mainly new artists, there are more public musicians on the site. Fun., The Lumineers, Young the Giant, Hanson, Tyler Hilton, and Matt Hires have all released music on Noisetrade. Sometimes an artist will release a live album or exclusive content via Noisetrade for a period of time.

Another cool thing about Noisetrade is that you can search for an artist and the site will show you artists that are similar in terms of style. For example:

  • First I'm going to look up Ed Sheeran, because I've really been digging him recently (aka all the time)

  • Now I'm going to scroll down the page a bit. Here's what you'll see:


  • I like the look of the Nick Urb album, so I'm going to now click on that one. This is the page that comes up:



I usually listen to artists that are similar to at least two people I already enjoy,  but branching out can also be really good too! There's a lot of great undiscovered music out there, and Noisetrade will definitely help you unearth some.

 If you choose to download any new music, let me know in the comments! I'm always on the search for new music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you guys!